Careers at Purple Accounts Isle of Man
Award winning Purple Accounts was established in 2007 and is a family run, growing accountancy practice in the Isle of Man and UK.
Our Small Business Centre specialises in helping small businesses with essentials such as accounts, bookkeeping, payroll and VAT – but also to help them grow and achieve their true potential. As Xero Gold Champion Partners, we combine cloud technology with expertise for maximum efficiency and deliver excellent customer experience in a fixed monthly package.
Due to the continued rapid growth of our client base in the Isle of Man, we have taken office facilities in the Hubb on Victoria Street, Douglas which is a fantastic place to work and be around other small businesses. Victoria Street has always been held fondly in our hearts as it was home of the very first office for Purple Accounts.
We are looking to develop a fantastic team in Douglas to look after our Isle of Man clients, helping them to grow their business and fulfil their potential. This role will be the key contact for clients in the Isle of Man and be responsible for the day to day management of the Isle of Man office.
CLIENT ACCOUNTANT - closing 31st August 2022
This is an exciting opportunity for you to make a real impact. It will ideally suit a dynamic, customer focused and enthusiastic individual looking to work closely with small businesses. You'll have freedom to express your own ideas within a modern, future focused environment, where no 2 days are the same.
• Welcoming and advising our small business customers
• Provide exemplary levels of customer support and communication
• Managing and taking care of your own portfolio of clients
• Identifying key improvement areas across the branch
• Assist in future recruitment and supporting other new members of the team
• Using to technology to gain efficiencies
• Ensure client accounts are up to date, providing accurate and timely reporting.
• Maintain sales and purchase ledgers
• Prepare accurate accounts to trial balance
• Bank reconciliations
• Control account reconciliations
• Management Accounts
• Identify and deliver value added services and information to clients
• Prepare VAT returns
• Prepare client payroll
• Ensure that statutory filing deadlines are met and no penalties are received
• Identify legislation changes relevant to clients affecting customers' financial position
• Review client accounts to ensure that we are providing the best possible service
• Liaise with strategic partners and external 3rd parties
• Proactive attitude towards development of the business
• Identify efficiencies in workflow internally and for clients
• Identify and implement improvements to service levels, quality and speed of information through effective use of technology
• Identify opportunities to support client business and personal requirements such as debt management, credit control, mortgages and pensions, cashflow, growth opportunities etc..
The ideal person
• Excellent grasp of double entry accounting principles
• Must be minimum Part Qualified ACCA
• Must have experience in a practice environment
• You’ll be confident working independently
• Able to adapt to a fast paced environment
• Knowledge of core accounting principles and be able to apply them
• Excellent use of Xero would be a distinct advantage
• Working knowledge of IOM tax
• Be able to work effectively to deadlines
• Be personable and friendly when dealing with customers and colleagues
• Friendly, relaxed telephone and email manner
• Excellent, proactive customer service skills
• Enjoy working as part of a small team
What we offer:
• Salary £30,000 - £45,000 per year depending on experience
• Performance related bonus
• 28 days leave
• Positive and inviting work environment in beautiful offices in the heart of Douglas
• Flexible working hours
• Excellent career prospects within a growing business which genuinely values your career and personal development
Salary: £30,000.00-£45,000.00 per year
• Performance bonus
Application deadline: 31/08/2022
Apply with your CV and covering letter by emailing email@example.com